We comprehend the magnitude of IP and secrecy of our clients' confidential information. We see this as the critical element for preserving a long-term relationship with our clients. We are stanch in shielding the customer IP throughout the project life cycle. Our company always considers the impact of outside parties. In this manner, it maintains a good affiliation between the company and the customers.
B24 e Solutions is committed to protect the confidential data of the client; which is obvious for a professional practitioner like us. To have a better view of the project’s confidentiality here are a number of key areas of protection that can be addressed to:
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDA) with client
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) with employees
- Project related IP Protection
- Confidential Document Control
- Other Security Measures
Non-disclosure agreements (NDA) with the clientele
1. A non-disclosure agreement the with clients, also known as NDA, is the protection of the private information and data of the client. The scope embraces the following :-
- What will be the data that needs to be collected from the client?
2. The gravity of the reason behind the collection of the data should be understood also, as to how important it is for the project development. The company must know when and how to use the data and anticipate the risk like loss and alteration. Our NDA clearly explains:
- What will be collected from the client?
- Why will it be collected?
- How will we use it?
- Steps we will take to ensure its protection.
- With whom it can be disclosed / shared – for legal and security issues etc.
- Rights for access to information
- Levels of Risk (data loss, unauthorized alteration, etc.)
Non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) with employees
- At the time of joining, all employees are required to sign a proprietary information and inventions agreement.
- Employees cannot disclose any proprietary information directly or indirectly to anyone outside the project team or company, or use, copy, issue, recapitulate or eliminate such information from the company premises
- Employees cannot use any unfair competitive practices upon the termination of employment or engage in any business during employment
- Any confidential information received from the third parties and clients are held in strict confidence and employees are not allowed to disclose or use it, except as & when necessary to perform his/her obligations as is consistent with the third parties
- Any "invention ideas" and relevant records have to be disclosed to the company and all the information and records pertaining to any idea, process, trademark, service mark, invention, technology, computer program, original work of authorship, design, formula, discovery, patent, or copyright conceived or developed have to be promptly disclosed to the company.
Project-related IP protection
- Dedicated resources made available for all the projects. This prevents unauthorized usage of the resources and protects all the proprietary information of our clients
- We have a strong ethical framework that forbids exchange of IP between projects
- Every team dedicated to a particular client can have its own secure physical location and its own segment of the LAN.
Confidential Document Control
- Access to public email systems is disallowed and floppy and CD disk drives/writers are disabled on all desktops. Prior written permission of the Project Manager is required for the usage of the respective drives
- Random checks are made on emails that go out of official mailbox that exceeds the permitted size (with or without attachments)
Other Security Measures
- The India Development Center is fully protected externally and internally with secure and restricted access to all the sensitive resources. Every employee is provided with an Identification card.
- Security staff monitors the facility around the clock and checks the goods going inside and coming out of the development center.
- Our strict staff selection and personnel policies allow us to build stable and highly professional working teams for both offshore and on-site software development projects and ensure non-disclosure of the same.
- We perform background checks on each individual we hire. This includes reference check, peer-references, verification of academic records, police record verification, home/permanent address verification on each employee of the company. Since bank accounts are opened through our company that provides us with an extra crust of cross verification.